The school was dedicated in 1929 and the first graduating class graduated in 1933. Lower grades were housed in the building on the left of the photograph. The school was located on the SW corner of Maple & Olive Street. Olive ran through the middle of the barrio and went north & south. The photograph was taken facing south, southwest. The cars are from the 1930’s. The dairy farm that Sylvia writes/talks about was west of the school. The light in the foreground is from the flash of the camera.