Native American sheep shearers at Rancho Camulos standing in front of an adobe building, near Piru

Native American sheep shearers at Rancho Camulos standing in front of an adobe building, near Piru

Description

A group of 29 Native American sheep shearers at Rancho Camulos standing in front of an adobe building. Mountains are visible in the background., The ranch was included in the 48,612-acre Rancho San Francisco granted to Antonio del Valle, administrator of Mission San Fernando, by Governor Juan B. Alvarado on January 22, 1839, after the secularization of the missions. The rancho remained in the del Valle family until it was sold in 1924., Access to this collection is generously supported by Arcadia funds.

Original Resource: www.teachingcalifornia.org